A Closer Look at Ciscos Nexus 3000 Series Switches
by PivIT Global, on Jan 31, 2020 8:44:00 AM
Get the latest in next-generation switching innovation with Cisco Nexus switches. These state-of-the-art switches enable efficient virtualization, high-performance computing, and a unified fabric. By integrating the Cisco Nexus switches into your network infrastructure, Cisco Nexus Services can help you create a highly efficient, virtualized data center. The Cisco Nexus family of switches are designed for highly scalable, end-to-end, 10 Gigabit Ethernet networks comprised of: Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, and Nexus 4000 Series data center switches and Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (FEX). These data-center-class switches feature continuous system operations and transport flexibility, and deliver innovative networking capabilities such as: a unified fabric, I/O consolidation, and high-performance, low-latency, 10 Gigabit Fiber Channel over Ethernet switching.
Cisco Nexus 3000 Series
The series is designed for top-of-rack deployments. It offers 24 to 128 ports, high performance, and comprehensive features. Here is what you need to know about each series, individually.
Cisco Nexus 3600 Series
- Large 8-GB buffers and large tables
- Native 25 GE support for access connectivity
- Highly programmable with NX-API
- 1/10/25/40/100-Gbps connectivity
Cisco Nexus 3500 Series
- Lowest latency in the industry
- Comprehensive features, including AlgoBoost
- Suited for HFT and HPC deployments
- 1/10/40-Gbps connectivity
Cisco Nexus 3400 Series
- Programmable pipeline
- In-band network telemetry (INT)
- Suited for web-scale, service provider, and financial data centers
- Supports 1/10/25/40/100/400G
Cisco Nexus 3200 Series
- High density and 42-MB buffer
- MACsec capable and telemetry for top notch security
- Highly programmable with comprehensive features
- 10/25/40/50/100-Gbps connectivity
Cisco Nexus 3100-Z Series
- Compact: 100G 1RU
- Flexible connectivity: 128 ports x 1/10/25/40/50/100G
- Highly versatile leaf/spine platform
- Wire-speed Layer 2 and 3 switching
3100V, 3100, 3000 Series
- Suited for big data, cloud, and virtualization
- Optimized for 10G access and 10/100/1000 Mbps management
- Compact power optimized platforms
- VXLAN routing
At the End of the Day
The goal is to understand what best fits your needs, not to beat the other out of a spot on your rack. Our team will not only help identify your needs, but they will help get you set up with the proper gear to suite your company's needs best. Whether that's buying 3200 series for high density purposes or the 3600 series for 25GE support, we will help you meet your needs and accomplish your goals.
Need to Support one of these devices?
Reach out today to learn more about the OneCall Maintenance offering from PivIT Global. OneCall is a proud member of the Service Industry Association. OneCall keeps its promises and we're here to help support your networks however you need us to!